Your Health Record / Information
Each time you receive health-related treatment or care from a health department or another healthcare provider, a record of your visit is made. Typically, this record contains a history of your illnesses or injuries, symptoms, exam and laboratory results, treatment plans and treatments provided, and notes on future care.
Depending on your health care situation, your record with each healthcare provider may contain more or different information. How your health information is used, is described on the following pages.
The Responsibilities of Harper County When It Comes to Your Health Information
Harper County is required by law to:
- Keep your health information private and only disclose it when required to do so by law
- Explain Harper County's legal duties and privacy practices in connection with your health records
- Obey the rules found in this Notice
- Inform you when Harper County is unable to agree to a requested restriction that you have given us
- Accommodate your reasonable request for an alternative means of delivery, regarding destination, when sending your health information
Harper County will not use or disclose your health information without your authorization, except as explained in this Notice or as required by law. Certain laws may require Harper County to disclose your health information without your authorization. Harper County is obligated to follow those laws.