This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
Understanding Your Medical Information - Its Uses & Disclosures
Certain laws require that you be provided Notice of our privacy practices that relate to your medical information. Our privacy practices are contained with this Notice. This Notice applies to the protected health records of your care provided by Harper County and its employees, staff, and volunteers.
Your primary care physician, other health care or treatment providers, or your health insurance plan may have different privacy policies or Notices regarding the doctor's, other provider's, or the plan's use and disclosure of your health information that are created outside of Harper County.
This Notice contains information in the following general categories:
- What is your health record / information?
- What are the responsibilities of Harper County when it comes to your health information?
- What are your health information rights?
- How will Harper County use and disclose your medical information?
- Other uses and disclosures - revoking previous permission to use or disclose your health information.
- If changes are made to this Notice how to obtain a revised copy.